1. 1 Kilogram flour.
2. 1/2 Kilogram butter.
3. 1 tablespoon sugar.
4. 1 teaspoon salt.
5. 1 cup water.
6. 1 teaspoon baking powder.
7. 1 teaspoon baking powder.
1. Mix flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Stir well.
2. Cut the butter to small pieces. Add the butter to the mixture and mix by hand until the mixture becomes small pieces.
3. Knead the dough while slowly adding 1 cup of water, until it becomes a dough.
4. Sprinkle some flour on a cutting board.
5. Place the dough on the Cutting Board.
6. Use a rolling Pin to flatten the dough, and keep sprinkling flour as needed (to avoid the dough sticking to the Cutting Board) until the dough is flattened and about 1/2 centimeter thick.
There are three ways to make Shakalama.
Shakalama is a Short Crust Pastry with Coconut Macaroon, with Almond, or with Apple)
1. A portion of Short Crust Pastry.
2. 1 pound of shredded coconut.
3. 1 carton (Quart) of a whole milk.
1. Spread the dough. Using a round Cookie Cutter,
cut the dough several times.
2. Mix well the milk and the shredded coconut.
3. Put 1 soup spoon of the mix in the middle of each round pastry. Make sure to cover each pastry completely with the mix.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until it is baked
Under construction.Go to top of page